Immigration Law


We provide you with sincere and compassionate legal representation, as we walk through your immigration journey together. Koch Law offers individualized solutions for immigrants. We help immigrants with prior or ongoing criminal issues gain or protect their immigrant status. We fight diligently to help you and your loved ones navigate through complex immigration laws.

Koch Law represents clients on a variety of immigration-related legal issues, including the following:

Asylum / Refugees

Any immigrant who is already in the United States of America and is unable to return to their home country for discriminatory and oppressive reasons can apply for asylum. Once granted asylum, an individual will legally be authorized to live and work in this country. Asylum is a path to United States Citizenship.

Cancellation of Removal

Cancellation of Removal allows certain permanent and non-permanent residents a legal defense against deportation. For example, eligible individuals must have resided in the country for over 10 years, have maintained a clean criminal record, and has been a contributing member to society.

Citizenship (Naturalization)

The United States allows foreign-born residents to become citizens. The benefits of naturalization include voting rights, unrestricted travel and the ability to sponsor family for permanent residency and citizenship. There are various requirements for a person to be eligible to apply for citizenship. Koch Law can help ensure that you are taking all the right steps to become a citizen of the United States of America.

Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJS)

Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJS) is a very common immigration option for undocumented immigrants under the age of 21 who have been neglected or abused by their parents or family. SIJS moves the proceedings from Immigration Court to Family Court, and it provides minors the ability apply for a green card (permanent residency).

U, T, and VAWA Visas

The American legal system has allocated these visas for victims of sexual violence and domestic abuse. A survivor of domestic violence and/or other related crimes is eligible to apply for the U-Visa. The T-Visa is a relief visa for survivors of human trafficking. The VAWA Visa is a result of the Violence Against Women’s Act of 1994. The VAWA visa allows abused spouses, children, or parents of a United States Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident to apply for lawful status. The VAWA visa also authorizes residents to obtain public benefits and employment.